View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 11:28 AM
forgot to bid
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
Sort of.

Remember though, that the CRJ700/900/1000 and E175/195 are not "regional jets" from an economic perspective. They are as efficient, if not more efficient on a sector and CASM basis than your MD88. They are "RJ's" by our definitions, but to an accountant there is no distinction with mainline equipment. The DC9's will be replaced with E175's CRJ900's and a few MD90's. Mostly the MD90's are going to be used to take cycles from the 757's.

We need to get them here (warts and all). It can be a cost neutral exchange. I hope bringing those on board is at least contained in our opener. We should be supporting American and Continental / United in this effort.
Go UCAL!

Bar, I can't seem to ever crack the BTS code to break out the CASM numbers by aircraft for the airlines. But what is the CASMs for the rjs vs the 88 and what CASM is it? Is it total cost divided out by ASMs broken out per ASMs flown per type or just DOC?*

I ask because what is their $ advantage come out to be and what happens to the CASM when we suck out the overhead costs of profitizing another corporation to do our core competency?*