Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

LeineLodge , 06-17-2011 10:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off
LeineLodge
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Apr 2008
  • Position
    DAL FO
Quote: First time poster, long time reader.
Kind of an off topic question. I doubt I am going to get anything awarded on this AE, most likely displaced if anything. But after I enter my AE preferences, it asks if I would like to retain my vacation or something along those lines. Also mentions something about pay protection.
What does this mean? Does it mean that if I choose to retain my vacation, I will NOT receive the award even though my seniority can hold it?
Or does it mean that someone junior to me may go to training before me?

I looked at the contract and couldn't find the information anywhere. Thanks for any info!
Welcome and careful, you may get sucked in

The part I bolded is correct.

You will have to rebid vacation if you are awarded a new position via AE or VD, not so with MD (ie involuntary displacement will allow you to retain your previously awarded vacation.)

I believe the screen you're talking about is referring to vacation that may conflict with training when they get around to scheduling you for qual training in your new position. If you choose to keep your current vacation, then you will not be pay protected. If you would rather keep your vacation (that conflicts with training) then you will go to training whenever they can schedule you for it - after you vacation is over.

Now I think this only applies if it conflicts with your training. Say you have Christmas vacation and they want you to go to class in September. I don't think you can say "nahh, I'd rather wait til next year"

I always hold the coveted mid-March vacation, so I never worry about them moving it. Figure it can't get much less desirable