Old 06-22-2011, 06:47 AM
UnlimitedAkro
Gets ALL Days Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Sit down comedian.

ERAU is a business. Their enrollment is down and that effects their bottom line on cash. So going to USA Today and CNN to speak about how there is a massive pilot shortage looming, and talking about how great a career it will be is the same trick they have used every 5 years. Every single time they have done this, they have plastered their flight training airplanes with a close up of their university logo and motion simulators in the background while they interview some flight instructor who is madly in love with airplanes, speaking how flying airplanes is the greatest thing in the world, and day dreaming into the camera about how ever since he was 3 years old he has been so in love with airplanes that he would do what ever it takes to fly them.

And the worst part, these students love flying so much that they will come out of college and accept any contract for pennies, flying a shinny jet for a regional even if it under cuts the rest of the industry or causes a thousand pilots to be outsourced and furloughed. And as long as management knows that, they will continue to send jerks like Roger Cohen hand in hand with ERAU to set up these interviews, and try to attract that same target audience of people who love to fly so much they will pay whatever it takes, and they love flying so much they will fly for free. Why do you think ERAU and the president of management's union (Roger Cohen) work hand in hand? Because it helps both of their bottom line on CASH.

And before anyone starts standing up for Riddle and telling me I have no idea what I am talking about, I did every year of my under grad at Riddle.