View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 03:15 PM
hoover
At your mom's house

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: cpt 737

My guess on the uniform requirement is to prevent the TSA from having to deal with all the "how come they can go straight, carry coffee, have more than X bags, etc, through security and not me" type of questions from the flying public.[/QUOTE]

Thats the answer I got when I asked why I had to be in uniform. It seems to me they are putting the burden on the pilotd because the TSA does not want to have to deal with the public. I put on my uniform shirt right there in front of everyone just so I could get my toothpaste through, didn't even button it. Everyone behind me thought it was ridiculous that I had to do that. The public is getting fed up as well. Although it seems that the only ones the media interviews are those one time a year traveling public that would give up all their rights since it dosen't really hassle them for some more smoke and mirrors security. When are the TSA going to address the real security problems like cargo, bag handlers, rampers, etc. That don't have to go through any type of security check point.