Old 06-23-2011, 07:14 AM
F9 Driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2010

Originally Posted by TrojanCMH View Post
Yeah screw those RAH pilots for buying those two failing airlines...
And therein lies the disconnect with reality.

Is BB mad at the RAH pilots for buying Mokulele and selling it at a loss into a JV with Mesa? Is he mad at them for buying, instead of leasing, the majority of RAH's 170s so he had reduced flexibility in today's market?

I'm guessing that the answer is no. Because pilots fly airplanes. Pilots don't (typically) make business decisions regarding the operation / growth of the airline or holding company. The holding company that owns your fee for departure airline(s) sponsored F9's bankruptcy reorganization plan, and happens to own, for the moment, F9. The pilots keep flying the planes - period.

Nobody is "...screw(ing) those RAH pilots for BUYING those two failing airlines..." (BTW F9 had been successfully reorganized and been profitable until RAH management, or the RAH pilots in your mind, decided to reinvent the wheel - and oil spiked).

This crap that RAH pilots have made RAH profitable and put themselves in the position to buy F9 is riddled with so many fallacies that I don't know where to start. The RAH pilots flew the planes so that BB et al could perform to their end of the transaction(s) with mainline carriers and make money for the RJET shareholders.

The only animosity that I see from the FAPA pilots toward the 357 pilots comes from the overwhelming sense of entitlement that your post so typifies.