Gets Weekends Off
JetJock16
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2006
  • Position
    SkyWest Capt.
Quote: I would think long and hard about going to skywest now. I heard that all the classes have been canceled at skywest this week because of a slowdown this fall.

Today expressjet announced 200 more new hires, so I would look at them over skywest. Plus I think the fact that skywest is non-union is also bad, in the future when the majors hire I would expect those from union airlines to get on before those from non-union.
Wow, you're way off base with most of the above. As many have said, all classes are a go except RJ upgrade because they can't afford to lose the FO's. Once FO staffing improves the classes will continue.

As for non-union hiring, why does the future look any different than the past? Answer: it's not, for hiring purposes they don't care that we're non-union and never have. Our pilots get interviewed and hired at the same rates as anyone else. In all my years of commuting I’d say that 9 out of 10 mainline pilots (DAL,AA, US, SWA, AAI, F9) I’ve come across have made the statement the we at SKW don’t need a union as long as our relationship with Mgmt remains.

5 years ago I voted yes to ALPA and 5 years ago I would have told you we didn’t immediately need a union but when you looked at where SKW was headed we needed representation. Today, sadly our relations have deteriorated and we need a union and we need it now.