Thread: SkyWest New Hires

BoilerUP , 06-24-2011 05:59 PM
The NeverEnding Story
BoilerUP
The NeverEnding Story
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2005
Quote: given the upcoming retirements I think there is a better chance of the majors hiring like crazy than anything close to what we've seen in the last ten years.
I agree such a scenario is likely.

Quote:
I'd be willing to wager that (non-legacy/well connected) guys will being getting hired on with the majors right out of their right seat in an RJ before 2020.....
That has happened as recently as the current Delta hiring wave; reports of CRJ FOs from places like ASA getting hired at Mother Delta. Jetblue has also taken more than one regional airline FO during their current hiring wave.

Your point is well taken, though; we very likely will see major/legacy hiring the likes of which you and I have not seen in our short airline careers. That will not mean those airlines won't still have thousands of resumes for hundreds of jobs...there will NEVER be a shortage of labor 'at the top' of any industry...only at the bottom where compensation & lifestyle is felt to be lacking (ie. regionals).

Also, don't discount a push for a "Fair Treatment of Experienced Pilots Act II, Electric Bugaloo" to extend retirement to 70...