View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 09:47 AM
socalflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Cal reserve..the gift that keeps on giving

Originally Posted by pipe View Post
So here's the question -- why is anyone working there?

This crap either exceeds your personal limits or it doesn't. Pay, work rules, benefits, etc. either meet your personal minimums or they don't.

Four unmoveable days off each month -- no way I'd take that job, no way I'd stay at that job. Thousands do though, so for all the big talk on here, I don't expect to see any substantive change in the industry. This is proof of what people will take to fly jets.

Not as a personal attack MXDUDE, but did you stand there and smile, and get dressed up, and interview, and act grateful and excited when you signed on to this crap? Yes, you did. Why? All of the information was out there. What makes you any different than the RJ guy? You will do a schedule with 12 off, 8 moveable, deadheads to skirt legality, etc. Then, guess what my company wants? Exactly. They hold CAL and MXDUDE up as an example of what's competitive and what must be done. They want these rules on the UA guys too. Instant 500 furlough - bonus for Jeffie. Bottom feeding is still bottom feeding, even if you are in the bigger pond. You guys need to stand up NOW!

PIPE
For the record..This contract on the CAL side has got to be fixed..I am living proof of how bad it is..to answer your questions ...I did smile, I did get dressed up and I did interview at CAL..with no gun to my head..at my interview i was told(and it was true at the time) that we were going to hire 500 or so behind me, we were upgrading to captain in as little as three years! What did they tell you at your UAL interview? I think you are a little off course to say that I am no different than an rj guy..I too was furloughed and very frustrated and upset..the job market was bleak when I was on furlough..could not find a job to save my life, so I do feel your pain. My question to you is..how would you suggest we stand up NOW!?