View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 10:12 AM
pipe
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: 757 Capt

Originally Posted by socalflyboy View Post
For the record..This contract on the CAL side has got to be fixed..I am living proof of how bad it is..to answer your questions ...I did smile, I did get dressed up and I did interview at CAL..with no gun to my head..at my interview i was told(and it was true at the time) that we were going to hire 500 or so behind me, we were upgrading to captain in as little as three years! What did they tell you at your UAL interview? I think you are a little off course to say that I am no different than an rj guy..I too was furloughed and very frustrated and upset..the job market was bleak when I was on furlough..could not find a job to save my life, so I do feel your pain. My question to you is..how would you suggest we stand up NOW!?
I'm not a UAL guy - just someone who is sick and tired of "the bar" constantly being lowered.

I have left a major in the past, by choice, based on my analysis of the situation and outlook and started over at another. The reason? Those places did not meet my personal mins for many reasons. Starting over is a bitter pill, but the cure is usually better than the disease. I sleep well at night knowing that I walked - being accountable to yourself and knowing your worth is invaluable.

Look to your UA bros for how to stand up. They have been neutered by their injunction, but the 2000 "Summer of Love" is about the only example of a successful job action at a major since Northwest struck in the mid to late 90's. It is time for action. If you guys continue eating the **** sandwich - that's all that is going to be on the menu for yourselves -- and eventually for the rest of us.

Remember - in this industry a falling tide grounds all ships.

PIPE

BTW - That crap about all of the hiring, upgrade times, etc. has been fed to every new hire at every airline since Orville and Wilbur. (Ask any US Air, TWA, United, CAL, etc. new-hire) I've heard it three times myself - false every time.

Last edited by UAL T38 Phlyer; 07-02-2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Word Violates TOS