Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

cni187 , 06-27-2011 09:12 PM
Doing Nothing
cni187
Doing Nothing
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2010
Quote: There are a whole variety of ways to blow it with the interview panel. As far as interview prep, it is probably worth it although many have been hired without it. If you had an opportunity to win $4 million in 30 minutes if you passed a test, would you study?

IMHO getting good gouge on the cog test is very helpful. As with any skill, practice makes perfect.

There were several questions that I'd never asked myself, which were asked in the interview. Questions like, what do you struggle with in your flying career? There were also some technical questions in mine which resembled a little mini type oral, which were worked into scenarios. One was "the airport is calling for winds variable and gusting to XX knots, Captain says he wants to continue ... do you continue into windshear?" (the scenario wasn't really "windshear" and knowing the definition verbatim justified my answer) "Flight attendants are taking wine off the airplane, what do you do?" is more diifcult.

Good interview prep will help you get a feel for what Delta is looking for, particularly on issues which are questions of how you handle yourself when confronted with another employee not doing what you think they should.

To Delta's credit, they have mostly hired a very homogenous pilot group, despite their varied backgrounds and experiences. Everyone gets along, is highly proficient and does a very good job, which I credit to the selection process.

As far as I know the interview prep company AirApps went out of business. The FedEx pilot who has the consulting service in Pensacola probably is the best of the remaining providers. He's on this board.

(one strange thing that may, or may not, still be true is that Delta had integrated the back office HR for Comair and ASA and still had access to their records. Panel questions about sick calls, discipline, etc had to be answered very precisely. The theory was that a missed answer was being untruthful and thus disqualifying. HONESTY is critically important and an instant disqualification if questionable.)
Don't forget about the question of what do you do if your Captain is not wearing his hat! Or a passenger accuses the FA of putting booze in your club soda!!