View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 08:57 PM
STR8NLVL
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: 767 CA

Originally Posted by STR8NLVL View Post
First step would be to order a copy of. Your PRIA records to see what your future employers will see.
You can't do that. There is no such thing as a "PRIA Record". PRIA info comes from multiple sources:

1) FAA: You can get these from the FAA. But a training resignation will not appear here unless you failed a type ride.

2) Each previous employer: If you are still employed you can view your records. If you apply to another airline you stipulate that you get a copy of everything previous employers send in response to the PRIA request.

But if you are not employed I don't think you have the right to walk in and view those records (might be wrong).

Legally I think you cannot just obtain PRIA records from previous employers any time you like. You are only entitled to receive a copy of records they send to another potential employer.

But it doesn't matter what PRIA shows...you cannot pretend that you never attended 121 training, and you will have to explain what happened.

It sounds like you've done a pretty fair self-assessment, and you're not blaming others, which is good. As long as you work to address the problem and can explain how you've learned from it and overcome it, I think you'll have no problem getting hired.
I agree except that I think he will have problems in the current climate. If things pick up in a couple years he may be better off.

Just be honest and explain how 2,000 hours of watching other people fly was just enough to put you behind the 8-ball in the transition to the glass in the faster jet.
Sounds like an excuse or rationalization. Don't follow this advice.

Maybe the RJ transition course at ATP if you've got the cash. That'd give you some CRJ glass simulator practice without the stress of a jeopardy event.
Maybe. I'd probably go for 135 instead, that will build good basic skills. But don't fail training twice.
Actually, you can write to former employers and request the records the will provide during a Pria request. It's not to hide anything. It's just know beforehand what will be provided to future employers.

As to having trouble getting hired now, I have a good friend that had this EXACT thing happen to him and he was hired at PSA two months ago without a problem. He just explained in the interview what happened and they moved on with the interview and offered him the job. A resignation is not near as damaging as a bust.