View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 11:30 AM
There is line
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Default To the 07/02 ExpressJet 5999 crew

Today I was jumpseating out of IAD to DAY on the 12:25 flight. My step-daughter and a friend of hers were non-reving on the same flight. Unfortunately the scene at the gate was chaotic: the gate agent (whom I think must have been new) was alone trying to board 6 flights and looking for volunteers on at least one of them. Most flights were full and she was alone. The situation quickly got the best of her and she was way "behind the airplane". I had been waiting for our turn in line but she was about to close the flight.
Captain David however came to personally check why the jumpseater had not made it to the plane. I told him we were waiting in line but the gate agent quickly dismissed us saying that she had no time for that. David calmly asked if there was anything he could do to help and when she said no he assertedly replied that he was not going to leave with 2 empty seats and empty jumpseat. That finally convinced the gate agent to process our boarding (which didn't take more than a few seconds) and we were on. Had we not make that flight we would have most likely spent the day and the night in IAD as the next two flights were booked solid.
David, you are a scholar and a gentleman. Thanks so much for making this happen. PM me anytime, I'd be glad to buy a few rounds for you and your crew next time you're in the area.

P.S. The FO (sorry, I forget your name) and F/A Allie (sp?) were just as welcoming. Thanks to you too and happy 4th of July.

Last edited by There is line; 07-02-2011 at 11:41 AM.