View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 02:41 PM
robthree
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 777, sofa

Originally Posted by yancharlie View Post
If they keep you out on the road for 20 days, do you usually break the 60 hours guarantee? Do brand new F.O get type on initial training? This is a perfect job for a single guy, how do the married crew members usually cope with being out on the road for 20 days? I'm really interested and exceed all the requirements, and will drop an application online in the upcoming days, can anybody say something about the recruitment process? Really appreciate any info. And one more thing, do you guys seat a lot in hotel on the road?
Seventeen is about average. Fewer the last few months.
I break 60 about once every three months.
Only SIC type.
Your wife has to be on board. If she doesn't understand that you're gone, and not coming back for the duration its not going to work out. Skype helps. And being home for 10 (or 20 if you go back-to-back) uninterrupted can be really nice.
As for hotels, I've made Gold at Hilton, Holiday Inn, and Marriott. I sat for 20 days straight in November and December. But usually its not more than 3 nights in a row.
The recruitment process used to be "So and so over here says he knows you... Can you start on Monday? OK, then you're hired." The company seems to be 'professionalizing', and HR appears to be leading the way. I'd expect a standard resume screening, phone interview, followed by an invite to MIA for HR, CP panel, and Sim eval. At least until its Thursday night and they need to fill 5 seats for Monday's class.