Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Jesse , 07-05-2011 05:32 AM
Banned
Jesse
Banned
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2010
Quote: alparomeo,

I don't know if I'm an internet blowhard and I certainly don't know crap about much. But what I'm absolutely sure of is that I'm working much harder for much less money and much less time off than at any time in my 24 years at the big D.

Now I don't expect alpa to give away our negotiating secrets. However, RA & EB have mentioned at many of the investor calls this year that they don't expect any significant changes to payroll going forward. Surely alpa can state firmly and at every opportunity the exact amount of sacrifice the Delta pilots have made to keep this company alive, and further that we rightly expect very significant increases in all areas of our compensation in the near future.

Alpa has completely lost touch with the line pilot. It is for this and for too many other reasons to list, that I have sent in my DPA card.
As a Delta pilot who came to the company after the pain suffered by those who gave up so much for the salvation of the airline I for one am glad to see more of this. For the life of me I can not understand how some captains I fly with are so beaten down and appear willing to accept whatever ALPA comes to them with. The closest analogy I can come up with is a wife who won't stand up to or leave an abusive and violent relationship.