Old 07-05-2011, 10:00 AM
SoCalGuy
Keep Calm Chive ON

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Boeing's Plastic Jet Button Pusher - 787

Originally Posted by missingbite View Post
Quote from said article.

"Clearly, management hoped to have a collective agreement in place by now. Yet after almost a year of negotiations, the two sides remain vastly far apart on economic issues. The last proposals submitted by each side differed by about $1.3 billion a year, according to a United website devoted to the negotiations."

Notice how the slant of the article makes management look like they are want something and the pilots are asking for too much??
Again....."Company" propaganda!! Please don't buy/get sucked into it strictly on Jeff's writings!!

The $1.3B is the company's story. I would like to see what the JNC/Union's number's are countering that claim. What do you want to bet the JNC's numbers would be less?? Was is NOT Jeff and the Wall St. talking heads predicting a conservative economic synergy to be on the neighborhood of $1.2-1.4B with this merger?? With that ecomomic info, and the company's "hyped" difference, I would bet that the above quote is just what Jeff WANTS people (customers, public, even some 'co-works') to believe.

I will continue to let the JNC hash it out and get the JCBA we ALL deserve....but I'm NOT going to sit idly by either.....especially when CAL's MEC Chair personally called this 'ballot notice' to go in front of our CPO's. After all, this was not thought up by some rogue group of 'bubbas' over 'beverages' on an overnight was it??