View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:01 AM
FDXAV8R
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: 757 Capt
Default Not all 777 guys are dicks

I'm an F/O on the 777 and most of the guys are good guys. Granted we do have a couple odd balls (most fleets do) and unless you are a nonmember, there is no way you should have been denied the jumpseat. If you are a free loading non member, more power to the captain. I know we regularly carry jumpseaters. As far as space goes, the 777 is big but it does get crowded on a 15 hour flight, but I have never seen anyone denied a jumpseat because of this. I have also seen many captains allow jumpseaters to use the sleep compartment and show them all the professional courtesy you would expect. There is an issue with the Air France jets oxygen system which prevents us from carrying anymore than 4 total people, so that can also prevent jumpseaters from riding and often times we don't know we are getting that tail number till the day of the flight. Rather than paint all of us 777 guys as A**holes, lets focus on the individual and remember we don't know the source either. If there is some validity to the complaint, I would be ****ed too and would try to make sure everyone knew this guy was a prick too.