Old 07-05-2011, 11:53 AM
SoCalGuy
Keep Calm Chive ON

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Boeing's Plastic Jet Button Pusher - 787

Originally Posted by missingbite View Post
SoCalGuy, I agree with you that it is BS! My point is the general public does not know this and the press makes them believe management. That is why the photo's of the NO's on chief pilot doors should have stayed with the pilots.

We are going to fight an even larger uphill battle if we fight this in PUBLIC.
MB-

So what you're telling me is that we (the soon to be new UAL Pilot Group) needs to pick and choose what we 'allow' the media to report on concerning our journey towards a top rate JCBA??? It's OK for the reporters/writers to cover the "Willis Walk," Pilots Picketing the Stock Holders Event in ORD, or in IAH.....but we are to keep this specific event (that CAL's MEC Chair called for) in the closet?? I'm sorry, but again I don't follow your logic. It's either all in unity/support, or just pack it up and fold to the company.

It was NMB's mediator McGuckin who told both sides to keep their negotiations out of the 'public' eye. The company chose to set/BRING a PUBLIC propaganda based website "live". The recent picture that was published in a 'blog' by a Houston Chronicle writer was nothing more than our 'private' (Pilot group to CP's-aka mid mgt) display in response to an already public proposal made available by Jeff & his Mgt. To me, those two are day a night difference.

I don't mean to be an a-hole, but after flying a recent HTA trip with a Captain who did nothing but 'complain' how much he as 'given' this company (who also happened to be one of our "00-Number-Number-Letter" '84 hero's), my patience meter is pegged as you can well see.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the topic. Let's just try and look beyond this and keep the group unified is nothing less.