Old 07-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Oblique
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: FO

Also went to OU and I agree with what has been posted so far. The Bonanza has been replaced with two Arrows and the rumor is that the Baron will be replaced with something more economical. In addition to tuition you also pay flight fees so it becomes expensive really fast. I went in to the program with my private and saved about 4k doing my private pilot training at my hometown airport.

I was able to finish my flight training in 3 years. In the OU aviation courses, only take the minimum required to graduate. If not you'll end up paying too much. For example, there is a multi engine cross country course that costs about $3,000 and you only log 5 hours. For $3000 you could buy 15 hours of multi time elsewhere. This course isn't required, but some people think they need the multi time that bad. One of my classmates graduated with $120,000 of debt. He was an out of state student and took a few extra classes, but if you are in state I would plan on at least $80,000.

Here is a break down of course descriptions and fees. http://www.ohio.edu/aviation/courses/upload/Courses.pdf