View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 10:17 AM
ddd333
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by HercDriver130 View Post
I will echo the sarge..... do a one line entry of your first log entries, and just annotate it as such in the remarks. FWIW... I lost EVERYTHING in a natural disaster in 2005, including my military flight records.... since that time in interviewed for...6 jobs....was offered four... worked at three of them... and was turned down at 2... and NEVER was my recreation questioned. In my case I contacted the FSDO and got their advice, did exactly as they requested and it has never been an issue. Not saying for some companies it wouldnt be... but it has not been for me.
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but Herc, I have a student who lost his training logbook/headset/certificates due to vehicle theft. He got replacement certificates and a new logbook, but he and I are still wondering how to handle the situation regarding re-logging old flights and endorsements. I advised him to seek out his old instructor(s) and copy their logbook entries and ask for endorsements to be re-written. Lucky for him, his old instructors are still around and some of his flight training is documented electronically. I also told him to contact the FSDO and maybe AOPA for additional advice. Can you provide any advice or tips that I can pass along to him?