Thread: 162 Skycatcher?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 05:35 AM
TI 3VOM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Originally Posted by 172skyhigh View Post
my flight school recently got a 2011 162. Its about 100 an hour to rent so i was thinking about building time in it, but i have heard that once you get into a spin its very difficult or impossible to recover from?
Unless you are planning on practicing a lot of stalls in the airplane during your timebuilding, why are you concerned with spins? With a power on stall in the skycatcher you have to be at a very high pitch up attitude, compaired to a 152, to even make it stall. I wouldn't really consider this in your choice on whether or not to use it for time building.

Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
The biggest complaint I had with it was it was LOUD. I have a Bose A20 and I couldn't imagine using a non-ANR headset for any length of time in it.
I have a non-anr headset and haven't really noticed much of a difference in the noise. The one thing I do have a huge complaint about is the stall horn. It constantly has a high pitch whistle throughout the entire flight which is extremely irritating on long cross countries.

Originally Posted by 172skyhigh View Post
Hows the g300 compared to the g1000, i have about 10 hours in a g1000, whould it be an easy transition? And they look like a blast to go putt around and kill time in.
The g300 is nice, and if you have time in the g1000, you shouldn't have any trouble with the transition.