View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 11:21 AM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by NuGuy View Post
There is considerable internal rancor involved with this meeting.

Unless there is some REAL reason to close the meeting, like discussion of negotiating strategy or tactics, I was assured that it will be held in open session, with any attempts to close the meeting otherwise to be held to a recorded vote. Anyone in ATL who can make it, should make it.

There is considerable upset going on here. We should watch the outcome closely, and everyone should contact their reps after the fact for the blow-by-blow. There are agendas at work here, folks....if it was a simple election to confirm the committee members, as some who are quoting the letter of the policy manual imply, that can be done with a conference call.

But 2/3s of the LEC reps called for a special meeting, and only 1/3 is required.

The current NC has been working very well together, and has provided some acceptable gains and have worked with their corporate counterparts. Any change in the game plan at this point, and you defeat what the cheerleaders principal complaint against the DPA is...that is changing the players before the big game.

Nu
In a way it has to do exactly with this, because certain people want the NC changed. Certain people feel there is too level of a playing field. I agree with you Nu. If they change the NC this close to Sec 6, then bring on DPA because they just chopped off the only leg holding themselves up.

I want to know WHY the NC needs to be changed so close to Sec 6? Why change a NC that has made significant improvements to a contract with crummy work rules at a price of no cost? What did it cost to get our pay system changed? Nothing. What did it cost to get PS DH's on deviations? Nothing. What did it take to get some Sec 23K areas changed? Nothing. That's just a few things that have been done. Why change the NC now?