View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Reroute
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007

Originally Posted by Ferd149 View Post
Thanks, I appreciate the perspective.

I had heard a guy I respect opine that 4 would be a good number due to the increased workload of a larger group. But, I see the deadlock issue and I guess 5 would be too many guys on FPL

I agree I'm not that interested in what a guys premerger group is, only that they reflect the will of the group. Which, I would argue, is less company friendly than years past. However, we may be dealing with human nature somewhat as I've talked to old Hughes Airwest guys that refer to themselves as Hughes guys (not even "green guys")........and that is how many mergers ago now?
Ferd, PMFJI, but is there really more work as a negotiator because our pilot group is bigger? The contract still has the same number of sections. The number of pilots working under that contract, IMO, is not relevant to the work load of negotiating it. My understanding is that the cost of full time FPL, benefits, expenses, travel and lodging for the extra negotiator is over $400k/year. If the Negotiating Chairman says he prefers three vs. four, or he can be equally effective with three v. four, should it be a four man committee?