View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 12:18 PM
SevereClear
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by Kritchlow View Post
Okay.. I guess you are the all knowing. So.. What's your opinion of the last SO pay memo? Do you think that it was proper? How about our new health plan? Do you think it's a good one?
All knowing? No. Clear minded and not buying into all of the fluff that was ever-present at that company? Absolutely. I have the "luxury" of having an unbiased, untarnished view into a business that's struggling...one that's been a bleeding artery for Cessna for 10+ years. Sales are down at Cessna, Jet Management isn't taking off nearly as fast as they had hoped, and the Optimizer ****ed you all off to the point where you foolishly voted a union into play. Efficiency is what makes the aviation world go 'round...a union will kill that (most likely) due to the new scheduling rules that will be changed when it comes to the negotiation. This won't happen immediately - contracts take time.

Your new health plan costs more and the company covers less. That sucks. No idea about the pay memo, as it most likely only went to the pilots. As with most things, the pilot memos are sent only to the pilots.

What I do know is that the new CEO was there a few weeks ago to "check the place out" and see what he had on his hands. Everyone was smiles; those that knew better, know that he's scoping out the whole shabang to see if the juice is worth the squeeze.

With the prompt exit of JK, there seems to be an added sigh of relief at the company - especially in Ops. That's a plus - she was the Devil in heels.

That being said, it'll be interesting to watch how this all plays out. I wouldn't be shocked if the GE mentality comes into play with regard to cutting the bleeders from the body and you guys 1) get bought-up by another company 2) get bought-up by a private individual that's always wanted to own a fractional.

There's no way that they'll let ~90 planes go unclaimed, but I also wouldn't be shocked if they take some other measures in the future to stop the bleeding. Cessna has multiple problems on their hands (as shown by the sudden Pelton "retirement")...CA is definitely part of them.