Thread: Comair updates?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 08:06 AM
BobSakamano
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: awkward & cramped

Originally Posted by BobSakamano View Post
My question: Is "completed years of service" based on date of hire through furlough date or DOH through 12/21/2012? It's not really clear. Common sense says DOH through furlough.

Greater common sense says "Why pay furloughed pilots anything?"

Also, are the flight benefits the same S3CR as on furlough? No clear answer there either.
Originally Posted by theaviator View Post
My question is, why wouldn't we take it? Ive been on furlough since 2008 as well and am eligible for the early out. Are there any advantages to not taking the early out? The only advantage I see for not taking it is flight benefits.
Lose one year of flight passes S3CR, but gain it back, plus 4 years at yield rate (1/2 of buddy pass fare) at same S3CR. CR=Constant Rejection - So basically Farmer Ted's goat herd gets on board before you anyway. It's a windfall.

Unless...Delta is doing with Comair what NWA did with Mesaba. Then, we'd be giving them carte blanche to hire at first year pay after the giant a** whoopin' ceases.

Part of me wonders if Delta actually wants to hang on to one wholly owned subsidiary and this is all to do with contract negotiations and the upcoming impact from new time/duty limitations.

I'm speculating 100%. Working elsewhere and am VERY out of touch with what is really going on at Shrinkair.