View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: 320B

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
That's what she said? But srsly, we need a significant overhaul of our sick and vacation systems. Vacation flat out sucks hard and pays next to nothing. I don't think we need a lawyer-ball touch drop system, but we need at least 10-15 hours per week more credit. That alone would fix most of the vacation shortcomings. For sick, we need to change the use it or lose it part, as both the company and pilot group loses out for multipile reasons. All except those who are both extremely and abnormally healthy, consistently over time, and extremely honest. They lose out the most and that isn't right.
Gloopy, I agree with you completely except for the part above in bold. I would change that to "extremely lucky" because I would consider someone to have been very lucky to no use sick time. They maybe got sick while on days off, or where healthy for a year but to say someone is extremely honest because they didn't call in sick begs the question, were they honest or did they actually go to work and fly while sick? I am not harping on you, but this is the exact attitude that many in management have is that the only pilots that are honest are the ones that never call in sick.