Thread: 'JetBlue Factor' Expands Your Weekend Reach

bluebrother , 12-18-2005 02:35 PM
bluebrother
close
Quote: t

Does not fail
Realistic rates? in whom's opinion?? Your management?? You?? as in "you" (personally) or "you" as in your fellow JB pilots. As far ALPA doing harm to the profession, they just negoiated with (thier) respective airlines, they didn't write the business plan
Remember your "rates" are based on your managements assessment of what will keep you just happy enough to not vote in a union
And your right, I get no "warm and fuzzy" from you having no "B" plan or defined plan. Or your profit sharing that doesn't allow you cash out your stock when and if you wish.
I'm not jelious, of what you got, just concerned about the trend (regarding pilot issues, not competive or business at JB). I hope you all the best, just try to build on what you have, don't try to justify it
you bring up an interesting point regarding "negotiating". In hindsite who has been the bigger fool, ALPA negotiating unsustainable payrates/workrules or incompetent airline management agreeing to them?

if our rates are based on managements assessements, then what are ALPA'S UNITED'S or USAIR'S A-320 payrates based on??( now that jetblue pilots make more)

if i were you i would not be "concerned" about the trend at jetblue. YOU SHOULD be worried what trends are being set by your BANKRUPT LEGACY CARRIER'S. (all who's pilots are, and have been "part of the process".)