View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 05:17 PM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by 1Seat 1Engine View Post
You're stuck in your own paradigm TSquare.

You're stuck on equipment size because at your airline, pay is tied to equipment.

At SWA and UPS, pay is the same across all equipment.

Remember the moment in the movie "The 6th Sense" when you realized that nothing you previously believed was true?

I think you need to prepare yourself for such a moment.
Hollow argument homey wrt SWA.. since there is only ONE equipment type... well duuuuuh the pay is gonna be the same. But that isn't the question nor the issue at hand now is it? And since you keep dragging me into it, it is not about airplane size as far as I am personally concerned. I have been debt free since 2003, so money also isn't the issue. LuvJock can hold up his watch which is really amusing since he obviously doesn't get the whole metaphor there... I fly the -ER because I like the mission. I like long haul international, but more than that, I like the destinations. I have no interest in the 747 or A330, but I have that option if I so choose. I have 5000 hours in the left seat of the 737... been there done that. I have other choices. And like Oscar said, things are a changing. I totally get what he said about buying into a system.. Back when the Delta Family existed.. so did I. You and Luvjock need to come down off your high horse and realize it isn't all about YOU.. that system of which he (Oscar) speaks is changing. Embrace it or you are going to be a very bitter man. If you don't though, I don't care, you will continue to provide more entertainment for a few more months.

Bless your heart....