View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 08:10 PM
buzzpat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Urban chicken rancher.

Originally Posted by paxhauler85 View Post
Nah, I've just been pulling the Delta oar (at a DAL only regional) and get to deal with the gate agents, rampers, F/As and pilots on a daily basis.

I commute on SWA and get treated like royalty by them weekly. They treat the paying passengers better than me.

You'll never see what you don't want to, so I won't bother telling you more. The Delta product is average at best, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. My career depends on the DAL product being a good one (otherwise the hand that feeds us will die), and I still feel this way.

I'd be willing to bet I'm not the only one who sees things the way I do.
I'm a DAL pilot who flies frequently on SWA, most of the time as a paying customer because they serve my wife's hometown and DAL doesn't go direct. Honestly, I don't see much difference in how the employees of one or the other company treat customers. Some crews are great, some are average, and some suck....for both companies. There are pros and cons for each company. DAL's product is better in some regards, and worse in some regards. It depends on the equipment, the route, the duration of the flight, etc.

I'm excited about SWA moving into ATL because, at last, we'll both be playing on the same field and the differences will be apparent. I'm also interested in the SLI outcome because it'll be fun to watch someone else have to go through it...and not me. Yeah, I'm like that.