View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 10:59 AM
roughair
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2006

[QUOTE=OHab;102438]Since nobody else is saying it, I will. There's no way I would subject my family to that city. If you don't believe me, before you decide, spend 6 months sitting reserve in a crash pad watching the evening news . At the same time send a 6 month subscription for the Commercial Appeal to your wife. Spend your time on reserve exploring the city and it's environs. It'll cost you 3 extra days a month, and you'll get one HELL of an education. If after all that you still want to move to the planet, get yourself a carry permit, teach your wife to shoot, enroll your kids in Tae Kwan Do, and knock yourself out. I've been 1 leg (2+30) commuting for 10 years, and it's been worth every second. I live in a small town in New England (20min from the airport) where we don't lock our doors, the most popular dog is a Lab, not a Pit Bull, and there aren't any metal detectors in the high school. There are very few people who can live anywhere in the country they like. Take advantage of it. Life's too short to live in Memphis.[/QUOTE]

AMEN Brudda!

If you do move to Memfrica, maybe CaptainMark will show you the best things about living in Memphis. Naw... that would be a wasted 10 minutes.