View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 06:54 PM
atpwannabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Student Pilot

Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
This is an interesting topic. I'm surprised someone currently practicing law would be willing to give that up and attempt to jump back into aviation. A tremendous amount of effort for a job at a "medium-sized airline"? My glass-half-empty outlook says she won't have much luck, but even considering doing this speaks volumes about a career in law.
IMHO, I believe that once the seed of aviation is planted, for most, it's there to stay. Those who have an true love for the profession will do just about anything, within reason, to get back into the profession if they've left if for one reason or another.

My believe and have faith, optimistic, glass-half-full outlook says that I don't believe that the "industry" will allow her intellectual and human capital to go to waste. It would be a shame if they did. Aviation professionals are no different from anyone else in any other profession in society. Yes, we are held to a higher standard because of the nature of the profession.....safety & security. However, so are TSA agents, LEO's, Senators, Congressmen and Congresswomen, teachers, priests and so on.

atp