Old 07-25-2011, 04:48 PM
JustAMushroom
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Capt

Originally Posted by edik View Post
Just currious, why do people think ERAU is the greatest school on earth? A continental rep once came to my high school as a guest speaker, and the only aviation school he knew about was ERAU. I just do not know why this school gets so much attention. If one was to major in aviation, is it really worth paying 45-55k/yr?

edik

PS
this subject is not about wither to major in aviation or not
Just my opinion, but.. just about every FO I fly with who has a hard time with people skills and/or stick and rudder skills has gone to Riddle.

This is not to say every Riddle grad has problems. Just seems easier to slip threw the cracks at that school. Maybe it's because mom and dad pay for it so the kids coming threw have no respect for the profession, or maybe youth these days have an entitled attitude in general.. I have no answers, just an observation and opinion.

I mentor pilots and I advise them to search all schools in there area. A motivated student at a part 61 school will out "fly" a slacker from a part 141 school any day. And I advise them to get a degree other than aviation.