Thread: Avantair
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 08:02 PM
kingairfun
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by VooDooDaddy View Post
35 a year is a lot better than 23 a year at a regional (RAH).

True it is more than a regional. 1st year.. I'd say that years 2-?? are about the same as a regional give or take a couple of thousand (small potatoes).. I made around $45K my 2nd -5th year at regional "x" back before I decided to leave...The pay scale closely resembles a regional in that it tops out at $48K much like regionals top out at say $42/hr after a couple of years..

But you have less control over your schedule, work more days and have to be on the road for longer periods of time. Have to do more work concerning loading bags and cleaning planes (like every fractiona). Basically have more responsibilty for the passengers comfort. For below average pay....

And as little as their worth, no non-rev priviledges......

If it came to a regional or Avantair, it would be a tough decision. Based purely on the pay and amount of work for the same pay...

No doubt QOL is better at all fractionals than regionals.. I'll give Avantair that much. And until I saw the pay for SIC's I would have considered applying (and probably not getting an interview anyways)

Not trying to bring Avantair down, but you'all need to be making more. Just an observation.