Thread: Ari Ben?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 06:13 AM
planecrazyjenn
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: BE-76

Cargo,

Your absolutely right...everyone learns at different paces, and that is totally fine. We have people here who fly just several times a week, and others like me who fly at least twice a day seven days a week. I'm trying to finish the course in 3 months, because I have to go somewhere with the military next year. But because I was here over Christmas and New Years, that set me back a week or so with instructors being gone...so it may be closer to 3.5. Either way. You'll finish at the pace you want to finish in. If you want to do it in 90 days, you can...it's hard, wont lie, but it's possible. That's about the quickest...however I'd say on average it'd take most about 5-6 months or so. If your really willing to bust your butt studying, and want to get it done quickly...go for it.

If you want to say here and instructor afterwards, you can. Right now, we are hurting for instructors bad...and they fly a lot per month is about the norm right now. They are getting burnt out. I'm not staying here to instruct when I finish. I'll be outta here next month.

Regional wise, really depends on what you want from the course. Me personally, I have zero intentions on going into the airlines. But if your looking to get on with any airline - colgan hires with 500TT here. There's a few others, but I really can't help you with the times there. Sorry, like I said the airlines aren't my thing.

Have you talked to Mary or Mike yet? Mary is an absolute sweetheart...shes the student coordinator and would be the best person to contact right now.

Cat