View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 05:21 PM
CaptainCarl
I'm a man of my word.

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Devil's Advocate

Originally Posted by What Gary meant to say was:
Originally Posted by Positive_Rate View Post
Is that your fault? Of course it isn't. Furloughs happen. Things like furlough, FMLA, etc isn't the fault of the pilot, however, you weren't here dealing with scheduling, broken airplanes, reduced rests, etc while on furlough. The bucket in the signing bonus distribution dealing with longevity deals with being a pilot on active status during the period that contract was amendable (Aug '06 and forward). If your hire date is August 2006 or before you're eligible for 100% of your share of that bucket - anything after that, your portion is reduced.

Yes I know it sucks, but it's the most equitable way to attempt to compensate those who were on active status through the duration of the amendable period. Unfortunately, furloughs, though on the list, were not active. Would it be fair to compensate a furloughed guy and an active guy the same? Or how about those new hires that are just finishing up class? Should they get the same amount as a guy that has been here since Sept 2006?
Originally Posted by gary0724 View Post
Your right we didnt have to deal with all the above mentioned, we only had to deal with not affording to be able to pay our mortgage, feed our family, things you dont think are as important.
Not to mention the only reason we were furloughed was do to the union saving 100 eagle jobs at the cost of 100 TSA jobs
Quote button, it's not just there to look pretty. But don't worry, I fixed it for ya