Thread: Graduate Degree
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 09:58 AM
cws1028
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: Assistant Button Pusher
Default Graduate Degree

Long time reader, first time poster. I am a Senior at a 4 year flight school. Just got my CFI, CGI, and MEL and am working on the CFII and MEI right now. I am interviewing for a job at my school as a CFI and have been told by the Chief that I have very good chances to be hired, just a matter of time now. I transfered to this school from another flight school, and due to the prereq's on one class required for the degree, I'll be a Super Senior next year. I'm not too worried about that though, as I have picked up a double minor in Economics and Management, and have built my schedule to be light the last year to instruct.

My question is that what is everyone's suggestion as far as graduate degrees go? My dad is an Ed.D and has been pushing me into aq grad program, and I am not opposed to it, as it would provide me a fall back incase anything ever happened. I am eventually hoping to be Chief Pilot of a major 121 carrier. I was thinking of a M.S. in Economics, but not sure if anyone knows the best path to go with this to get my eventual goals.

Thanks.