View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 05:37 AM
nerd2009
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: Delta M88 A ATL

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
This is a very interesting post. Everything in red highlights what ALPA national does or does not do.. what they can or cannot do. Basically, you then indemnify the national group with the 2 items highlighted in blue "The ATI pilots are the ones that have to decide" So what you say is confusing here. ALPA does nothing other than to recommend. The individual pilots have to make the decision. So tell me again what real purpose the national association has? It is not a flamebait question, but rather a serious one. And then there is the last thing I highlighted in green. You say that ALPA has a responsibility... what are the ramifications of that "responsibility" if they fail to deliver? I'll answer it for you.. nothing because they are simply recommendations based on their judgements.. and they have no real fallout if they bugger it up. Nice gig if you can get it, and get paid to boot.

If it came down to AT pilots not accepting their TA, and decide to go to "self help", would ALPA spend MCF to defend a pilot group who will eventually go to SWAPA ?

ALPA didn't do that for TWA pilots i don't think they would do that for AT pilots either.