Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

fishguy79 , 08-01-2011 12:40 PM
Line Holder
fishguy79
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Nov 2008
  • Position
    767 FO
Contract Rant
OK, I realize pay, work rules, sick leave are all important, but for the upcoming contract survey, my number 1 thru 10 priority is scope. Consider this:

- You used to be able to fly on Delta metal to Recife, Fortaleze, and Manaus in Brazil, now you can go there via codeshare with Gol

- You used to be able to fly daily (summer season) from ATL to Puerto Vallarta, now it is Sat only other wise code share with Aero Mexico

- After the summer draw down you can get to TXL, ARG, CPH, MAN, SNN, PSA, AGP, VLC, BUD and one more I forget! via our JV partners. Not to mention EDI, OTP, AMM, CAI.

- you used to be able to fly to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam on us, now it is Vietnam Airlines.

- you used to be able to fly LAX to GRU non stop on us, Now you can fly on Korean Air, MWF. How this is legal is beyond me but you can.

This is the RJ playbook but with top end flying pure and simple. Wish we could stop it, but according to my union rep, the company is in compliance with our contract. In that case, our contract sucks.

fish