Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

NuGuy , 08-01-2011 12:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off
NuGuy
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2008
Quote: So if Nu is right on the 70/30 number at FL, that 70 pretty much would be all of the Captains and AirTran new hires. The 30 would be mostly FOs.

Without considering the mood of FL pilots I could see that happening just on the basis of what's being offered. But I think all pilots at FL need to ask, would they get a better deal in arbitration?

I say yes, better SLI and the same pay. This is a messy situation brewing either way bit stand for your own. For SWA pilots, yeah they make $50K more than us but you know they wish we were still C2K right now because they could demand a large raise, but given where they sit there probably isn't room for a raise that would be significant to offset what SWA see as unfair.

I'm surprised SWA doesn't placate it's pilots with $$ bonus to sign off on a less onerous SLI.

I don't think this passes. AirTran pilots IMHO will vote no.
Heyas FTB,

From what I've seen of the Tranny group is that they're a pretty pragmatic group...at least in the short term.

The senior half and junior 10 percent see the gold on the SWA side, the QoL if they stick in ATL, and the reportedly penny-ante nature of their management, and are looking for a quick fix.

A couple years from now, when direct deposit money is spent before it hits their account, the the permanentcy of the situation will start to dawn on them and it will REALLY start to fester.

But unlike most other SLIs, they will have no one to blame but themselves. It's still a big poo sandwich, though.

Nu