View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Fly4hire
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Left, left, left right left....

Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
I guess you just miss the point. A weak ineffective independent union signed the bad deal. The reason to join ALPA is to increase your unified strength to negotiate a better deal.

I am sorry, but this Airtran deal only demonstrates to a carrier like Jet Blue exactly why they should join ALPA. Right now, Jet Blue is in worse shape than Airtran. They have virtually no protections. Sure there are the Bond/McKasckill laws, but they only apply when the companies actually merge. Doesn't say anything about buying the company and letting it die on the vine while you take all their assets.

This is almost unbelievable that an independent union blows it for their pilots and some conclude that an independent union is the answer. Hey, I got a plan, the New England Patriots should copy the management structure of the Cincinnati Bengals, that has been working out so well lately let's emulate that team that loses.
Well put. I simply see nothing, other than the kick the cat attraction of voicing frustration in ALPA. One can voice frustration and advocate for change without burning the house down as a way to fix the roof. DPA has nothing of substance to offer. Nothing.

It's a lot easier to kick the table over and storm out the room than it is get back in the room and have a seat at the table with any credibility. The same organization who supposedly have 3200 cards cannot bother to work within the current structure to even attempt change? GMAFB.