View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 04:53 PM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
I don't agree. With the Airtran guys getting a windfall with SWA, I would venture less than 25% would vote for just a 15% raise. Most pilots I have talked to in the lounges seem to gasp when I mention the 15% rumor. I can see 15-20% the FIRST year maybe working, but then add at least 5% a year after that for 3 more years, plus improvements in many other areas as being a starting point. There are other ways to get money into my pocket (higher DC contribution, lower or NO insurance premiums, etc), that could help. But, 15% over 3 years just isn't going to do it, and they will read that in the survey unanimously. Of course ALPA said more than 50% voted for Age 65, right? There is no way that could have happened, with every RJ pilot, every mainline FO, and half the Captains voting NO for age 65. It still happened, probably because the LECs and MEC thought they knew better, along with Pratter. So, maybe they will just tell the negotiators 15% is what we should go for, just because, they KNOW better than we do.
Windfall? Really?