View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 06:07 PM
fartboxflyer
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: The Flying Wasp

Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
I agree with you whole heartedly, but have you asked your Reps what they think? I think you will be dissapointed to say the least. Most of the reps I talk to shake their heads. Bring up the almost $1 billion in bag fees last year, and they deflect it to say we need to pay down debt. You must keep writing your reps and tell them what you expect, and then tell your Captains and other FOs, and fill out that darn survey. As long as they don't dismiss it like the overwhelming votes against age 65, I think we will have a pretty good opener, as long as they follow the wishes of the masses.
Agreed 100% but the turd in this punch bowl is within Sec 6 neg. rules.

"good faith" is a slippery slope, and the the NMB have "parked" regional pilots recently trying to grab an extra crumb off the floor. We can't ask for the moon any more than the company can ask for our hourly rates be minimum wage.
what is "good faith"? That is a moving, ill defined target. Only the NMB will determine who is getting out of line based upon many factors that economically and politically are years out.
The NMB historically could give a rats ass what we had in C2k. They have a short term memory and tend to be myopic even during the present. Ask for too much in their eyes and they will park negotiations 6 month faster than the speed of heat.
This being said we still should demand and open for every cent that brings us to that edge and carry this fine line throughout the sec 6 process.