View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 07:45 AM
Likeabat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Rebuilding the career

Originally Posted by CzechAirman View Post
Think of "DHL Aviation" as a brand name for all the owned and contracted lift providers for DHL around the world.
Copy that. The name "DHL Aviation" as a "brand" for all of their ownership stakes/contracts with various airlines is apparently something they've dreamed up since I stopped paying much attention. In 12 years of flying for DHL, I never heard that term. (There was DHL Airways, DHL USA, DHL Express, DHL Worldwide, etc. etc.) I still think the wording of the article was odd - The name "DHL Aviation" sounded like a stand alone airline in that article. In theory, "DHL Aviation" could sub this flying to Cappy and ATI and the same carriers would be doing the flying - but under the banner of DHL Aviation.

Unfortunately, the future of aviation in the US as far as the DHL network is concerned will now always be pitting various sub-contractors against one another, etc. and will probably prove to cause plenty of angst for the pilots involved just like with regional carriers. I'm thankful to have moved on. Again, best of luck for those involved.

Last edited by Likeabat; 08-04-2011 at 08:34 AM.