View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 08:15 AM
DSflyer05
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008
Position: Gulfstream 4SP & 5

I was an SIC at flightsafety wilmington DE since i was a junior in college. I worked there and instructed on the side to continue to build time. You will be placed in one program initially, and if needed in the future they might put you in a second program. You will go through the same initial training for the A/C that a paying client would get, except you wont get a type at the end of training, that will come later. They will keep you busy doing sim work but if it ever drops off you can do other admin duties around the center, but should go instruct or fly to build time. Over time you will meet ALOT of clients and if you hang in there long enough you will get a job. It normally takes about a year and a half or 2 years from what i have seen in many copilots, depending on the current economic state. I started in the Hawker program and got a job with a large part 91 corporation flying a hawker and eventually moved in to the Gulfstream 5 that they had also. I got my job initially with 1100 total flying hours, 70 multi, but i had 2000 hours of sim jet time and knew the checklist and abnormal procedures better than most. you will get to that point to after 2000 hours in the box! have fun, let me know if you have any questions.
DSflyer