View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 02:24 PM
BeardedFlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011

rickair777, I am honored to have a "Prime Minister" such as yourself grace my thread with your presence! I'll tell you what, I would love to avoid all 135 IFR but the problem for me and other guys in my position is this new 2013 ATP rule. (Ridiculous. One captain forgets how to recover from a stall and the entire process for new hires is transformed. The guy was hired with low time but at the time of the crash he had an ATP+ a few thousand hrs so what do flying hrs have to do with it?!) To get on as a FO with any 121 I need those ATP reqs and there aren't many relatively speedy ways to build toward that other than getting $h*ty vectors in a duct taped up Piper Chieftain during the middle of the night in IMC and icing 5 nights a week for 12 months. Yes there might be some safer 135 charter opportunities out there as an FO but they want much higher mins. AMflight is pretty much knocking on pilot's doors.

These are my thoughts but the whole reason for posting on here is to figure out if I should abandon them adopt new ones! Let me know what you think.