Thread: Comair updates?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 05:08 AM
TurboDog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by cyrcadian View Post
I get where you are coming from, but this just seems silly. I will venture a guess that there isn't a hiring board out there that would view a candidate's decision to not take a buyout negatively.

I don't intend to impugn your decision to take the buyout, but how has it worked out for you? I never had the opportunity to take a buyout and probably would not have. I had many chances to leave early, but I never did. I left when the time was right; I chose to use Comair as long as I needed them.
As far as the hiring boards go, it may not matter as much to a part 121 carrier, but if someone has any interest in going to a corporate job, it most certainly will.

Taking the buyout worked great. It gave me the ability to pay the bills while I looked for a new job. I made the jump to another company and have already made up for making the jump.

Congrats for making the jump when times were good. I thought about it and for whatever reason I didn't do it. In hindsight I would have been better off with that than staying like I did and getting a buyout.