View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 02:02 PM
jheath
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: CRJ FO

Our stories are oddly similar. I'm a regional FO, years and years away from upgrade, applied PUBNAT 8, was selected for ZDC, interviewed in May, and now I'm waiting out clearances, etc. I posted a similar thread on stuckmic a few months back and everyone had positive things to say about making the jump. Pay, stability, being at home every night... I love flying airplanes, but this career is not what it used to be. The way I always thought of it, if I am ever lucky enough to complete this process and be offered an academy date, it's not like I'm giving up my ratings or my hours. If for whatever reason I decide in 10 years that controlling isn't for me, I can always get back into flying (whereas, I've only got 4 more years before the age cutoff at the FAA).

I think you've got the right attitude in that patience is a virtue. I read on stuckmic yesterday that the first PUBNAT 8 people to get a class started August 2nd, but like you said it could very easily be next year or even 2013 before center classes unjam themselves. Either way best of luck to you, and know that you're not alone in this situation.

Edit: I just answered this when I noticed that we fly the same plane. Are we at the same company? If the level 12 ARTCC you were selected for is ZDC then this is officially the biggest coincidence ever.

Last edited by jheath; 08-09-2011 at 02:16 PM.