View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 03:44 AM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

DPA is really a simple issue. If you believe that they can in a matter of months put together the organization needed to go into section 6 negotiations and produce a better end product then Dalpa then you should by all means get your card on file and as mentioned in another thread support them with a healthy donation.
Keep in mind however that they need to be able to do the following and quickly.
1. Build a solid relationship with the NMB
2. Establish a political base in DC to apply pressure to the NMB if needed.
3. Put together a large war chest quickly.
4. Hire a strong supporting cast. (see number 3, takes money)
5. Establish a support structure for all other functions the union must handle outside of the contract.
6. Attract and keep the very best and brightest people we have in the pilot group.
7. Provide the means and structure for those people to work under in what will be almost certainly a full time job for the next 3 to 5 years.

From what I have seen so far DPA can't even accomplish there most basic promises in their original mission statement and time line. I don't hold out much hope they can do all of the above and in looking at their planned structure don't see how it can work. Certain jobs in the union for example are beyond full time positions. Part timers are not going to cut it in the coming contract. DPA throws a lot of nice things they are going to do out there but provides no method or real plan on how they are going to accomplish those things. Promises and results are very different things. I divided and unfocused pilot group will never produce strong results. In the end the only winner will be the company.