Thread: Logbooks
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 06:27 AM
jcrews
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2010
Position: SA227, left seat

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
If you have an error on a page that has not yet been carried forward, you can just correct the error with whiteout or line-out, whichever you like.

If the error carried forward to another page, you should make a "journal entry" use the next open line in your logbook, put todays date, add/subtract the error amount, then in the comments make a note what and when the error was. This way your totals will be correct going forward, and the error is documented, but you don't have to re-total and whiteout every page.
I'm filling out a pilot record form and have gone to my first logbook to correct any discrepancies. I don't have any room left in that logbook book and have found several errors (mostly with adding incorrectly). My instructors also logged a couple of flights inaccurately (tailwheel as PIC without having a tailwheel endorsement).

I am considering using the whiteout technique that you've suggested in my old logbook and just using a line to correct the times in my new logbook. Would it be sufficient to keep a document, say in excel, of the month/location in my first logbook of the previous mistakes. None have been made in my new log except for the fact that I carried over the inaccurate times from my old log. Stupid, I know.