View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 05:57 PM
paokgate4
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: C172

Originally Posted by SVTCobra View Post
I don't believe anything he says either. I also don't believe for a second that Skywest MANAGEMENT had only one reason to underbid the contract.That is, to generate some revenue on parked planes.That's a given.

My interpretation is that they (MANAGEMENT) are also getting their foot in the door for the 900 flying in 2015 that comes up again for bidding.Or any other Airways RJ flying that comes up.

FWIW.. 3rd year FO pay at K4 will be what I'm making (per hour) as a 11 year CA on the 900, actually I will make more when you consider per diem and the difference in insurance cost.Do some research on Evergreens pay scale for the 747 compared to K4. And yes Atlas is better.Having a 747 PIC type rating is more valuable down the road than 2 RJ types.

Cheers.

Just wondering, if kalitta has to furlough 45 pilots by parking the 200s and you are the one of the 45......would you be happy to hear that your union is negotiating 3 hrs reduce the min guarrante per month from all pilots in order to keep you on the property or would prefer the street........

Just wondering and good luck at ypsilanti