View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 11:49 AM
TheDashRocks
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: DHC-8 CA Furloughed

Originally Posted by SkyWest View Post
... love (even for one's self) is not a forced emotion. The bottom line is, a-lot of us enjoy working here for various reasons. Some of those reasons go well beyond our pay scales....

...We are (and have been) seeing a marked reduction in our benefits here at SKW. We are working much harder with fewer options than in the past....Still, when I look at most of the regional/national industry, SkyWest seems to be among the more attractive options.
I appreciate your candor and wish that none of us were facing reduced pay and benefits. Sadly, this cancer has spread throughout many professions. One of the things that is going very wrong in our country is the shrinking middle class. Shrinking in terms of real earnings and in numbers of people living at that income level. I think attitudes like yours are partly to blame. Too many of us continue to smile and assert how "neat-o" the company is as we get bent over. Money that used to go into your pocket is now going into someone else's. I cannot put a smiley face on that.

The real "job creators" belong to a large, expanding, vibrant middle class with a lot of money to spend. The last time in our nation's history the super-rich managed to accumulate so much of the nation's wealth was just before the Great Depression of 1929. [mod edit: delete politics]

The Dash Whisperer

Last edited by TonyWilliams; 08-12-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: politics